we are committed to the sustainability of the communities in which we live and workThe success of our global company is built on supporting our local communities. As owners of the company, Golder employees recognise the positive influence of good corporate citizenship. This commitment is expressed through:
- ethical business practices
- transparency in corporate operations and governance
- engagement and outreach to stakeholders affected by our operations and our projects
- philanthropy to support important causes
- encouragement and support of active involvement in civic organisations, charitable programmes, professional societies and other community groups.
The Golder Trust for Orphans
Improving Lives Through Sustainable Solutions
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we formed the Golder Trust for Orphans in 2003 to provide support to children and families in Africa who have been orphaned or displaced by the AIDS pandemic.
The Trust provides funding to groups engaged in sustainable projects, to permanently support their charitable work. We also provide one-time grants to organisations looking for immediate aid. To date our efforts are supporting over 1,000 children in Africa.